Analysis of Kenya’s performance at the Olympic Games in track and field (1956 – 2016) : reasons for success and the need for event diversification / Njororai Wycliffe W. Simiyu

Simiyu, Njororai Wycliffe W.

Kenya has excelled in international sports, especially in middle and distance events. To date, Kenya has won 104 Medals at the Olympic Games with 97 (93.27%) being in track and field and the remaining 07 (6.73%) from boxing. This sustained dominance continues in the wake of many Kenyan athletes changing their national allegiance to run for other countries where they have even earned medals at the Olympic Games. Thus, Kenya needs to diversify more in track and field events to broaden the scope of competition to sustain and solidify the status of being a powerhouse in track and field.

Consult online

Loading enrichments...